Wednesday April 20, 2016
Do you remember the movie Jerry McGuire? What is the line we should most remember? I’ll bet you just said – “Show me the Money!” NO! I disagree. The line we must remember is, “You had me at hello“. If we keep this in mind we will, hopefully, understand how important our HELLO really is. The first 3-5 seconds are crucial to a prospective client deciding if continuing the conversation is a worthy endeavor. Initiating conversations can be intimidating but consider these items and keep them in mind to ease and simplify your approach:
- Be clear! BE CONCISE! If they don’t understand you or remember you, you may miss an opportunity.
- Speak with a confident tone of voice – don’t allow nervousness to make you look like less than a professional
- Speak in simple language and avoid using technical terms.
- While you should practice your intro, make sure you deliver it enthusiastically so you don’t sound rehearsed.
- Know what you do and be able to clearly and succinctly state it. Your intro should create an opportunity to elaborate.
Be able to answer these questions: “Why should they care?” What problem do you solve? Why do they need you – now? What will change as a result of their experience with you? When you get clear on these answers you are well on your way crafting a powerful ‘Engagement Statement’.
Having a powerful engagement statement will help you to easily initiate conversations. Learning how to craft engagement statements are part of the content taught at the Unstoppable Confidence Sales Academy. Click here to enroll and bring a friend for FREE during the month of April 2016! Just email us the name of your friend after you enroll and we’ll send you the info to get them registered for FREE!
Want more in depth game changing sales and networking strategies? Schedule a complimentary session to see what changes YOU could make to advance your business and get bankable results.
Tish Times, founder and CEO of HireTimes Training & Coaching Group. Tish coaches entrepreneurs who struggle to leverage networking as a tool to increase profit, helping them to confidently engage and secure their ideal clients. Her clients, on average, increase their reach by 300% via online and offline networking and report having more confidence thereby producing better networking results and seeing income increase by 50%-70%.